It’s no secret around here that I love cooking. (The thinking of what to cook not so much!) Gosh, so many of my posts are around food these days! And I love sharing our food journey with you and letting you guys in on some of the cool things we get to try out. Things that make our lives easier, but that still allow us to eat delicious, tasty and wholesome food. Because let’s face it, what could be better than finding a machine that cooks delicious food in half the time, using half the fat? Does a gadget like this even exist?
*Enter the Philips XXL Airfryer! Guys this machine is everything it promises to be. I have so enjoyed using our sexy little airfryer over the last few weeks and getting to know its many impressive features. I guess I have to say what impresses me most about it is how quickly you can cook food in it. Things that usually take ages to cook, can be done in mere minutes using the Airfryer. But as usual I’m going to tell you in more detail about just how versatile this machine is. Because #DoYouEvenAirfry?
WHY WE LOVE IT
- It cooks specific things to perfection. With a setting for meat, frozen goods, baked goods and poultry, we love how easy it is to select your function and simply walk away while the airfryer takes care of the rest. With no need for turning food or faffing over a stove top, it’s just about the best invention yet!
The Philips Airfryer XXL uses hot air to fry your favorite foods with little or no added oil. New Twin TurboStar technology is designed to remove fat from the food, making this the healthiest way to fry for you and your family.
- It’s brilliant technology ensures that food is cooked evenly and that it’s crunchy on the outside while tender and soft in the inside.
- We have made everything from crispy chia chicken, Rump steak, Fish fingers, crumbed chicken burgers to fries and toasted sandwiches! I love how easy it is to butter some bread, fill it with your favourite cheese and chuck in the Airfryer for all of 6 minutes. When you return (even after the 6 minutes is up) your sandwich is toasted to perfection, just waiting to be served. No burnt toasties anymore because mom forgot them in the pan or in the toaster!
- Frozen good are “fried” to perfection and you would never tell that they are any different to deep fried foods. Yes, half the oil but with all the crunch!
It’s healthier, bigger and faster!!
I had quite a bit of interest about the Crispy Chia Chicken we made. Here’s the simple recipe:
- 4 Chicken breasts
- Bread crumbs
- Chia seeds
- Herbs (either dried or fresh)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs.
- Using a tenderiser hammer/bottle, firmly pat the chicken breasts on both sides (here’s your chance to get rid of all that pent up frustration`) Allow the chicken breasts to soak in milk for 20-30 minutes.
- In a blender (I use my Nutribullet) blend up a few pieces of stale bread to make your bread crumbs. 3- 4 slices should do it. Add about 1/4 cup chia seeds, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly beat two eggs in a separate bowl, big enough to fit at least 1 chicken breast.
- Now dip your chicken breasts in the egg before coating in the bread crumb and chia seed mix.
- Place all your coated chicken breasts in the Airfryer, Select the Poultry button, your time (about 10 minutes) and push start. Walk away to do whatever you are doing and voila!! I love that it stops cooking once the time is up so you don’t risk burning or over-cooking your food. If for any reason you need to cook it for longer, you simply add more time.
And it’s as easy as that guys. It has been such a lifesaver after getting home late in the afternoon with nothing prepared for the kids.( And we all know how suicide hour can be with three hungry kids!) On nights like these, I pop some Woolies fish fingers and sweet potato fries into the air fryer (no need to wait for an oven to heat up!) and get on with everything else : like bathing kids, finishing homework or simply sitting down with a glass of wine at the end of a long day. Again I will say it, because it’s on a timer it stops cooking when your time is up so the food can rest and sit until you are ready to eat it, which is sometimes better as it allows it to cool down for some time before serving to kids! I can be playing outside with the kids and not have to run inside every two mixtures to check on food or switch an oven off. It’s amazing!
“OK OK I get it, it’s amazing! I hear you all screaming at me. “What do I have to do to WIN one???” Well I’m going to tell you!
To stand a chance of winning a Phillips XXL Airfryer you will need to complete the following steps:
- Like and share the post on Facebook
- Tag a MINIMUM of two friends on the Facebook thread using the hashtag #DoYouEvenAirfry?
- And Sign up to their newsletter by going to this page and filling out your details at the bottom of the page.
And that’s it folks! ♥
Terms and Conditions
- Winner must complete all steps in order to qualify for the prize. Please make sure you have signed up for the newsletter as this step will be checked carefully.
- Winner is selected via random.org and my decision is final.
- The prize cannot be sold or redeemed for cash.
- The winner must reside in South Africa.
- Competition closes next Wednesday the 10th October 2018.
- The Mom Diaries cannot be held responsible for any losses or damages.
- This competition is in no way affiliated with Facebook Or Instagram.
- Winner will be required to send us their detail within 3 days of announcement. If they fail to do so, a new winner will be drawn via random.org.
Philips South Africa – 3 October 2018
1. This promotional competition (“the Competition”) is organised and run by Philips South Africa (Pty) Ltd (Philips), including its affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“the Organisers”).
2. The competition is open or for entry by all South African residents (“the Participants”) who are 18 years and older with a valid South African identity book, except employees of the Organisers and its, advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition and their immediate families. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity.
3. By entering the Competition, all Participants and the winner/s agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which will be interpreted by the promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Organiser reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and the prize, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Organiser reasonably deems necessary.
4. How to Enter
a. To participate in the Competition:
i. Be a South African citizen or residents;
ii. Be in possession of a valid South African Identity Document;
iii. Be 18 years of age or older;
iv. Fill out a Philips CRM data form and sign up to for the monthly newsletter; or
v. Enter through Facebook and Instagram.
b. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the Participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
a. The prize for this Competition is 1 (one) Philips XXL Airfryer to the value of R4,799.99 (four thousand seven hundred ninety and nine rand ninety-nine cents). Entries will be considered by; filling out a Philips CRM data form and signing up to the monthly newsletter, entering via Facebook and Instagram, will result in 4 (four) winners to be pulled for this giveaway.
b. This Competition will run for a limited time from 3 October 2018 to 10 October 2018. Entries received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
c. The prize winners will be announced on Monday, 14 October 2018.
d. The prize will be dispatched to the winner via courier within 20 (twenty) working days, once the Organisers have confirmed the identification of the winner