I was the mom who always swore if I ever had a little girl, I wouldn’t be over-the-top with pink and glittery stuff. I would be, I thought, the mom of a little girl who wore neutral clothes and maybe even the odd trucker cap and slouch beanie. I mean yes there would be ballet but she would boast a black tutu with her pink tights and have all the attitude of Hip Hop dancer. I wanted the pretty clothes that “came” with a little girl but, I think over the years I had a more funky idea of how my little girl would dress. Well, fast-forward 9 months and I’m ALL ABOUT the pretty! Her wardrobe, offers much in the line of white and grey and even black but it’s predominantly PINK! Fifty shades Of!
And her nursery? Well that was also something I never imagined to even feature the colour pink. But alas, my little girl’s nursery has ended up typically “girly”, SO much so that you would never have imagined it to be anything but. After Brody’s bedroom makeover I was on such a monochrome pluck, that initially I had plans to go quite neural in terms of gender. And then, well, I looked on Pinterest and saw things my eyes should never have seen. A whole world of girly wonder lay before me. Oh the potential. Oh the sparkle!!
I realised I could never un-see the beauty of rose gold cribs and and the many shades of pretty pink. I knew right then my vision had changed. And somehow we have landed up with the prettiest of Nurseries we ever (or never) imagined! Somehow with the help of several incredible brands, we have once again pulled off a bedroom that is too lovely for words.
I hadn’t planned on any real theme as such but realised by fluke that we had quite a few bunnies popping up. The colours are grey, white, blush pink and peach with little pops of rose gold. Combined with loads of natural wood and a decent amount of greenery from ferns and other plants, I think the end result is somewhat lovely. ♥
So who did I team up with for this awesome project? Here is the full run down of gorgeous brands who made this Nursery possible and what they so generously gifted to us! :
Kids Emporium/KE Manufacturing – The gorgeous scandi -inspired cot was custom made especially for our little one. The quality is out of this world and we are so blown away by this beauty! The best part is that it’s super big and spacious for her to grow into and use well into her toddler years.
Baby Roomz – The Scandinavian style compactum! This gorgeous piece was also custom made. In fact it was made specifically to match the cot and I think you’ll agree, they are the perfect pair! Baby Roomz is all about creating special and beautiful pieces of furniture specific to your own taste and style.
Simply Child – The clothing rail is just perfect for any child’s room or nursery for you to display all those gorgeous outfits that would otherwise be hidden in the cupboard. The floating shelf with tan leather straps was simply the perfect choice for our colour scheme and The Simply Child House Shelf could not have been better suited to the space.
Little Love Kids – Triangle print linen in peach. It’s a beautiful soft peach that’s gentle and understated but so so pretty! It compliments all the other colours so beautifully!
Cait’s Room Interiors – Personalised name beads and round grey ottoman. What better way to show off your baby’s name than with some lovely letters and beads.
Airloom – The scadi-floral rug which just adds such a pop of colour and dimension to the room. It’s quirky yet still so feminine which we love it!
Paper Love Studio – The beautiful Bunny Prints. Also custom made specially to fit with our colour scheme. Such a special way to add a personalised touch to her room. They are framed using Woolworth’s Studio W frames in light wood.
Lovemore Creations – Personalised blocks using the letters of Hunter Grace’s name and also including some super fun and quirky animal drawings. We simply love ours and while they are perfect decor now, there’s no doubt she will spend hours playing with them as she gets older.
Nordic Nuss – This sleeping pod/nest featured here has offered us so much flexibility and has been perfect for Hunters frost three months in her bassinet. It makes such cosy cocoon for her to sleep in and she always looks so snug in it. It can be moved and taken anywhere which we love and also offers so much potential for those perfectly styled baby shots we love to create.
Nordic Baba – The beautiful white sheepskin. This genuine leather sheepskin is so luxurious and we love it for both comfort and style. Its the perfect styling tool for pictures too!
Design Store – The bunny basket adds a bit of a fun element to the floor space. A wonderful storage solution for soft toys or wooden blocks.
Lily ‘n Jack – Snuggle bunny and blanket. Every baby needs and deserves one of these!
Blankets From Africa – This beautiful blanket is made from 100% pure natural karoo merino wool and has been the best for the cold winter nights.
To all these lovely companies, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for so willingly sponsoring all the items we received to create the most gorgeous space for our little baby Hunter. She will cherish this space and her beautiful belongings for many many years to come!! So without further ado, may I present to you Hunter’s Nursery. All images courtesy of Angi Whittle Photography.
⇑ SO much beauty in one little person’s room!!
Compactum from Baby Roomz. Perfect to use as a changing station now and chest of draws/ decor server as she gets older.
⇑ Her BEAUTIFUL cot from KE Manufacturing (Kids Emporium!) could not be more perfect! Featured here with a cute arrow garland from Little Love Kids.
⇑ Floating Shelf with leather straps From Simply Child. “Let them be little” print from Little Love Kids.
⇑ Clothing rail and wall decals and House shelf from Simply Child, Name beads from Cait’s Room Interiors, Sheepskin from Nordic Baba.
⇑ All Prints by Paper Love Studio, Gold frame and letter “H” from Typo, Wooden Frames from Woolworths Studio W.
⇑ I love the fresh yet rustic feel you get from Pine mixed with the white. These drawers are super spacious and glide in and out!! ♥ Lamp from Pedersen and Lennard.
⇑ Gorgeous grey ottoman from Cait’s Rooms Interiors ♥
⇑ From left ; Bunny print from Paper Love Studio, House box from Simply Child and blocks from Lovemore Creations, Hunter sleeping in her Nordic Nuss sleeping pod.
⇑ Nordic Nuss sleeping pod, the perfect co-sleeper and mobile sleep nest.
⇑ Gorgeous cot linen and crochet owl, both by Little Love Kids. Also featured here her Lily ‘n Jack snuggle bunny.
⇑ Scandi-Inspired cot from KE Manufacturing, Rug from Airloom, Belly Basket from Simply Child, Karoo merino wool blanket (draped over chair) from Blankets From Africa, Dipped white stool from My Little Woods, Chair from Superbalist.
⇑ Personalised blocks from Lovemore Creations. Bunny Basket from Design store.
The Mom Diaries, together with all the above brands are collaborating once again to bring you The Ultimate prize. The chance to WIN a Nursery hamper personalised for your baby! This is what we are offering you:
- R1000 voucher from Kids Emporium and KE Manufacturing. R1000
- A beautiful cot from Baby Roomz valued at R4000.
- Clothing rail from Simply Child valued at R390.
- Personalised name beads and ottoman from Cait’s Room Interiors valued at R950 and R240.
- Two personalised prints from Paper Love Studio valued at R400.
- Personalised blocks from Lovemore Creations valued at R400.
- A runner/playmat from Airloom valued at R650.
- A genuine leather sheepskin rug from Nordic Baba valued at R1200.
- A bunny and and blanket and cot blanket from Lily ‘n Jack valued at R675.
- Cot Linen from Little Love Kids valued at R690.
- A play mat from Nordic Nuss valued at R450.
- A merino wool blanket from Blankets From Africa valued at R1399.
- A print and bunny basket from Design Store valued at R900 and R550.
⇑ The cot that’s up for grabs from Baby Roomz!! ♥
That’s a total of R13,500 worth of product!
To WIN this amazing prize valued at R13.500, you are going to have to do your bit, but don’t worry I’ve made it super easy with links to each page!
- Show and all these brands some love on Facebook by clicking on each link and liking their page. Kids Emporium, KE Manufacturing, Baby Roomz, Simply Child, Cait’s Room Interiors, Paper Love Studio, Lovemore Creations, Airloom, Nordic Baba, Lily ‘n Jack, Little Love Kids, Nordic Nuss, Blankets From Africa, Design Store, The Mom Diaries and Angi Whittle Photography.
- For and extra entry, follow each brand on Instagram – Kids Emporium Greenpoint, KE Manufacturing, Baby Roomz, Simply Child, Cait’s Room Interiors, Paper Love Studio, Lovemore Creations, Airloom, Nordic Baba, Lily ‘n Jack, Little Love Kids, Nordic Nuss, Blankets From Africa, Design Store and The Mom Diaries.
- Comment below with your little one’s name and age. (If you’re pregnant, share your due date!)
- Like and share the post of Facebook. (Pinned to the top of The Mom Diaries page)
- Tag THREE mom friends in the comments on Facebook. (The post will be pinned to the top of The Mom Diaries page for the duration of the competition.)
GOOD LUCK mamas!!! ♥
T’s And C’s
- Winner will need to follow all steps above in order to qualify for the prize.
- Winner is selected via random.org and my decision is final.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed or sold for cash.
- This competition is in no way affiliated with Facebook.
- Each brand represented here, together with The Mom Diaries is in no way responsible for any losses or damages of any kind at any time. All items are received and used at winners own risk.
- Prizes will be sent directly to a delivery address specified by the winner once certain selections have been made. Exchanging of products once final decisions have been made is prohibited, unless arranged with brand person specifically.
- Should the winner not come come forward to claim their prize within 36 hours, a new winner will be drawn.
- Competition will close on the 29th October 2017 at midnight.