I will admit quite openly that I haven’t always looked after my skin very well. (Terrible confession I know!) Which is quite odd because my mom has always been such a good role model for me when it comes to a daily cleansing routine and taking the time to invest one’s skin. Some of my earliest childhood memories are of her walking around the house after her evening bath with a swab of cotton wool in her hand. She would potter around the house taking her eye-makeup off before dabbing some eye cream around her eyes. She always smelt of refreshing facial creams when she kissed me to sleep at night and I could still smell it’s scent on her the following morning. And nothing has really changed to this day. My mom, due to many years of looking after her skin looks at east 15 years younger than she is. While I’m sure a lot of it can boil down to genes, I’m still certain her strict beauty routine is mainly responsible for her youthful looking skin.
So I really have started to feel quite guilty about the fact that I’ve neglected my skin over the years. I’ve rarely taken my makeup off and apart from washing it when I shower I have never invested in a great range of skin care products. Not for longer than a week anyway! The fact that my skin is dry means I really have to moisturise well – that bit I’ve sort of managed to get right. I hate the feeling of my face being dry so I have always moisturised with something even it were only coconut oil or a middle of the range face cream.
But I was recently sent the La Roche-Posay range to try out. I told Pippa (the lovely lass who sent me this product to review), I have terribly dry and dehydrated skin and she suggested I try this range, which is specially created for sensitive skin. And let’s just say I don’t know where this stuff has been my whole life! I’ve been using it for well over a month now and my skin already seems to be thanking me. Within the first wash I could feel a difference to my skin. I have tried cleansing milks/ creams in the past – ones that claim to not dry your skin out but this one really went beyond that and created the most moisturising film on my skin. It’s so creamy, you can literally feel the moisture penetrating the deepest layer of your skin. Plus the moisturiser is really moisturising. It’s quite dense which means you only use a little but it’s super effective in that it leaves your skin feeling so hydrated, plump and soft. (Anyone who has very dry skin will know how soothing this is!)
So I’m feeling a little less guilty about the fact the fact that I haven’t always invested in my skin now that I’m trusting this refreshing and effective brand to do all the work. PLUS i have been introduced to the wonder of their BB cream – it works as a moisturiser, SPF 50 and a light foundation!
Here’s a little bit more about La Roche-Posay and their main ethos who it comes to developing great skincare products :
Beyond symptoms, the issue of quality of life
As a study sponsored by La Roche-Posay Dermatological Laboratory has shown, over 50% of today’s women state that they have sensitive skin1. Caused by greater responsiveness of the epidermal nerve endings and a drop in the reaction threshold2, this sensitivity is reflected in clinical signs: redness, flushing, irritation, etc. Faced with these signs, La Roche-Posay Dermatological Laboratory daily sets itself the task of establishing the perfect balance between effectiveness and tolerance for all of its formulations.
However, over and above these clinical signs that can be identified by a dermatologist, skin sensitivity, just like many dermatological conditions (atopy, eczema, acne, rosacea, etc.), can also have more insidious impacts. Sleep quality, self-confidence, underperforming at school or work, etc.: the consequences of skin problems can sometimes spoil the lives of those who suffer from them. Yet their importance is too often underestimated. For us, it is inconceivable not to respond with the same determination as that applied to the actual symptoms.”
Read more ….
La Roche-Posay would like to give one of you lucky readers the chance to fall in love with the below products too. If you have dry skin and would like to know what it feels like to truly have your skin reaping the benefits of an incredibly moisturising product, then this competition is for you!
You can WIN the following worth R820!
• La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water (The water is the heart of the brand and included in all products, spray as desired it is refreshing, calming, soothing & moisturising – great for your handbag!) I love this product especially for the hotter months and its so refreshing and keeps your skin looking fresh!
• Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser (soothing daily cleanser. It hydrates without causing irritation or dehydration. Formulated for dry sensitive skin.)
• Cicaplast Balm B5 (multi-purpose balm for dry, sensitive, compromised skin. )
• Anthelios BB Comfort Cream SPF 50 (from the sun care range, Anthelios, this is a multi-tasking product which moisturises, soothes, protects with SPF 50 and acts as a BB Cream, unifying skin tone and illuminating the complexion. Great for mom-on-the-go and travelling)
To WIN you are going to have to do the following :
1. Tag a MINIMUM of two lady friends on the Facebook comment thread pinned to the top of The Mom Diaries Page!
2. Like La Roche-Posay on Facebook.
3. Comment below with your email address so I can contact you if you WIN!!
- Winner needs to follow all three steps in order to qualify for the prize.
- Winner needs to reside in South Africa.
- Winner is chosen via random.org and my decision is final.
- Competition closes on Monday 15th May and winner will be announced shortly after. GOOD LUCK!! ♥
* La Roche-Posay is such an affordable brand, available at Dischems and online at Deurmastore. it comes highly recommend as a dermatology skin care brand by more than 25 000 Dermatologists worldwide!