There are not many gadgety sort of things that get me really excited. Like “jump-up-and-down and make-a-fool-of-yourself” excited. I guess it’s because there are just so many products out there claiming to do stuff that you never quite sure they will. You know? Things that promise to clean your carpets to look brand spanking new or something that offers you a solution for all your household problems. There are just too many products claiming to do stuff that that at the end of the day don’t leave you very impressed. And it’s weird because I’m the kind of person who generally enjoys finding ways to make life easier – wonderful little life-hacks that simplify mom-life and give me a much needed sense of control.
So you can imagine my surprise when during a Spindel demonstration, I literally found myself bouncing around in excitement as I witnessed this little machine in action. I mean, I had heard amazing things about the Spindel before, even coming close to ordering one last year but somehow we missed the boat and I just never looked into it again. (And yes, I’m kicking myself now!)
For those who don’t know, this is what the Spindel is and what it promises to achieve:
Dry Laundry Faster
Spindel spins at 2800rpm – double the spin power of most washing machines
Removing up to 80% of moisture from laundry in just 3 minutes (see guide here)
So you can:
o Air dry in a fraction of the time,
o Iron certain fabrics immediately,
o Or run a much shorter cycle in the tumble dryer
Paul, the lovely guy doing the demo for me, witnessed me getting all giddy with excitement as he showed me the Ins and Outs of how the Spindel worked. Here’ exactly why it left me so blown away and impressed:
- It’s SUPER quiet – At its very loudest, the Spindel creates a light droning sound, much quiter than a washing machine or tumble dryer. I even kept thinking how much a new born baby would enjoy the sound it makes – gentle white noise at its best!
- It’s SUPER light. For a machine that does what it does, it’s easy to move around from room to room or to store away in between use.
- It’s Super effective – It gets rid of a MASSIVE amount of excess water. During my demo which involved a half load of washing, it managed to spin off almost 600ml of excess water. water that would have sat logged in our clothing for that much longer. By getting rid of all that excess water your washing needs only an additional 30min – hour to dry completely. And it dries smelling that much fresher.
- Its SUPER quick – each cycle takes about 3 minutes to ensure all the excess water has been spun out.
- It’s going to come in SUPER handy in the winter months (especially with a winter baby on the way!) When we are forced to resort to hanging washing up inside during the cold and rainy months, our washing looses it’s freshness with clothing and towels taking that much longer to dry. Often I’m even forced to re-wash stuff if it hasn’t dried quick enough because let’s face it, there’s nothing worse that stale smelling laundry that just end up smelling like old damp water! This is a lifesaver in this regard – with a head great start to the drying process your clothes will need little to no sunlight to dry completely, ensuring your clothes are protected and well-looked after too.
- It’s SUPER affordable considering the job it does and the time and hassle it saves you. Like i said there has been no gadget out there that has impressed me the way this one has.
Here are more reasons why the Spindel gets a massive thumbs up from me!
Spindel consumes less than 1% of the energy consumed by an average tumble dryer cycle. In fact, the energy consumed by a 3 minute cycle in the Spindel is comparable to using a 60 Watt light bulb for just 15 minutes.
Spindel is safe for all fabrics – even delicate fabrics such as silk and wool that are usually hand-washed.
So there you have it, I guess you know where I stand on this. And for the sake of honesty and transparency I was not paid to write this, I was however given one to review. I would never write about something or recommend something to you, my loyal readers if I didn’t feel it would totally blow your minds too. So if you are looking for something to get you through the winter months and make life that much easier, then look out for something special next week by popping on to my Facebook page on Monday. Spindel have a nice little surprise for you! ♥