Playing is such an important part of a child’s learning process. Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength. Play is important to healthy brain development. It is through play that children at a very early age engage and interact in the world around them.
I love watching my children play and develop new skills, even as early on as Hunter at only 8 months as she explores the world around her. It’s so important for her sensory development too and seeing her discover sounds and shapes and different functions of toys is such a big part of her reaching her milestones. I love how we all clap and cheer as she learns something new and that as moms we celebrate these small accomplishments.
What’s the best is seeing all three of my children play together! When despite the very obvious age gap (my eldest is 7 and youngest not even a year!), they are all able to communicate through play and engage with one another. It’s often as simple as the boys showing Hunter how something works and playing with blocks together.
And this was certainly the case when we were recently sent some Thomas and Friends toys to review and I watched in amazement how my kids just gravitated toward the toys on their bedroom floor. All three of them enjoyed the toys, despite them being aimed at the more 1-5 age group.
It’s been countess hours of fun with our trains the last few weeks and we would love to spoil you too!!
Today I’m giving away a Thomas and Friends hamper from Fisher-Price for someone to spoil the little person in their life!
The hamper includes:
– 1 x Winged Thomas train
– 1 x Hugo and Skiff train
– 1 x pack of Thomas minis
– 1 x pack of Mega Bloks Thomas at the Mill
All you have to do is to WIN:
- Show our pages some love if you haven’t already – Fisher Price and The Mom Diaries.
- Like and share the post on Facebook
- Tag two moms in the comments of the Facebook thread.
And wait for the announcement on the 21st April!!
Terms and conditions
- You will need to follow all three steps in order to qualify for the prize.
- Prize cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. (If I find you feeling your prize, you will be banned for entering my competitions in the future. This ensures that people who really vale the time and wish to have it for their own personal use are given a fair chance)
- Winner is chosen via random.org and my decision is final.
- This competition is no way affiliated or endorsed by Facebook.
GOOD LUCK!!! ♥