So I’ve always known I wasn’t very “with it” in the blogging world. It was only several months ago that i discovered half these cape town bloggers exsisted. You see when i began my blog close to two years ago, i only really used it as a means to express all the crazy things i was going through. So its been a real eye opener discovering so many other people who are using blogging as a platform to share their lives, run a business or simply express their thoughts and opinions . I mean where had i been hiding?? (In a kid induced coma no doubt)
So it comes as no real surprise that i didn’t even know what a Liebster award was! All i could gather was that it’s a bunch of bloggers all nominating each other, which initially didn’t make much sense to me (if I’m being really honest!). But then i started to think what a rad concept it actually is. I began to see it as an awesome way to to meet new bloggers, an opportunity to say to these women “Thank you for sharing a piece of your life with me. Thank you for taking the time to take take me on your grand adventure of life”. Its really simply giving credit where credit is due and saying “Hey your blog is cool! Thank for taking me along for the ride.” So yes this is what i am saying, loud and clear to all my nominess. We will get to that in a moment.
Firstly thank you to Carla at Diary of a fit SA Mommy! Im so loving your blog and i know you are you are going to continue to inspire and motivate moms on their road to personal health and fitness. You have already inspired me!
Liebster Award Rules:
Thank and link the person who nominated you.
Answer the questions given by the nominator.
Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
So here are my answers for the lovely Carla:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging purely out of my need to make sense of such a crazy time. When my first son Noah was born I had a really tough time healing after a natural delivery. It was a long road but I eventually found my feet and it was then that I felt the need to share my story. After that I felt inclined to record my story for my kids- a means of documenting all the things we do, the lessons I have learned and all the struggles along the way.
- The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? I’m usually woken up by my 4-year-old demanding breakfast. I have three boys with very healthy appetites to feed. I always try to down a huge glass of water before my morning tea/coffee. Once breakfast is on the table, I sink into the chair with the most sun, drink my tea and try to gather my thoughts for the day.
3. The one thing that you cannot live without? Besides my kids and all the people in my life? Tea.
4 . One quote that you live your life by? Off the top of my head right now:. Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory- Dr Suess
5. Name one of your natural hidden talents? I’m not sure if it’s a talent as such but I can do the running man better than MC hammer himself. My husband gets a very big kick out of it.
6. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you be? My second favorite country in the world, India. I would be lying in a hammock on a beach in Goa, drinking out of a coconut, watching my boys run around on the beach. (In reality I would be running around after them, but a mom can dream right?)
7. What is the most important part of your daily routine?I love getting my exercise in, which usually involves my youngest and I hitting the gym together. It’s the best way to start the day!
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I wish I could say nothing and love myself for who I am but we all know that’s a big bunch of BS. I would exchange my flabby tummy for a six-pack. I would consider selling one of my children for the perfect figure
9.The name of your favorite restaurant? Haiku- best sushi, dumplings and Asian fusion food in the Cape.
10. Your favorite season of the year and why? I’m a summer girl through and through but lately I’ve found the heat a little overwhelming. As I’m getting older I’m enjoying the cooler autumn months, where days are still warm but nights call for hot baths and cozy blankets.
11. One word that best describes your personality? ONE word?? I’m a woman, I’m too many things! I’ll have to go with passionate.
And now for my nominees!
11. Haley’s joys
And here are my questions to those who would like to accept their nomination:
- What has life/motherhood taught you so far?
- Describe to us your idea of a perfect day.
- What is the best book you have ever read?
- Who challenges you the most and why?
- Name two things on your bucket list.
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- If you could have any super power what would it be?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? And how many do you actually wear?
- If you had the power change ONE thing about South Africa what would it be?
- What are you most proud of?
- What one material thing you simply cannot live without?
Hope you all enjoy answering the questions and much as i did!
The mom diaries xxx