The June/July holidays are just around the corner and if you are anything like me, you are already on the lookout for some fun stuff happening nearby to entertain your kids during the chilly season at home. I love having long pajama days at home but we all know that cabin fever is a real thing and eventually, everyone needs to get out of the house for some fun and adventure!
So I’m here to share the good news and let you all know that the Ice Slides are back at Cape Gate shopping center! This year you and your family can try out a 28m long curved slide, a 24m long dipper as well as a 1.5m kiddie’s slide, which are all made from real ice! How much fun does that sound?
Kids will also get to play will real ice at the Ice Play station, so for those littles that are not quite big enough to slide, there is still something fun for them too. And let’s not forget the seven different, life-sized animals that lived during the ice age, which will be on display! All animals are set to simulate their natural environment and habitat of their time. You can learn all about the Woolly Mammoth, Saber-toothed Tiger, Irish elk, Terror Bird, and Glyptodon. The last time we visited the Ice Slides, viewing these creatures was probably the highlight for my boys!
The great news is that tickets are super affordable at only R80 for a full rider, R50 for a mini rider and just R30 for a non-rider. These tickets are all valid for a 45-minute sliding session and include the ice age animal expo. Tickets are available at the event entrance as well as online via WebTickets.
For more information, please visit www.capegatecentre.co.za, contact 021 981 2331 or follow #CGIceSlide on social media.
To *win* a set of DOUBLE tickets (two full-rider passes) please complete these easy steps:
- Like and share the post on Facebook
- Tag two mom friends in the Facebook comments.
- Date: 14 June – 7 July 2019
- Time: 9am – 6pm
- Venue: Centre Court, Capegate Shopping Centre
- Cost: Full rider – R80 | Mini rider: R50 | Non-rider – R30
- NOTE: Please note that children under the age of three years old will not be allowed to slide on the big slides alone. No share tubes are permitted.
T’s and C’s
- This competition is open to Cape Town residents only or those here during the duration of the holidays.
- The winner is chosen via random.org
- Winner selected Thursday 13th June
- Prize cannot be sold or redeemed for Cash
- This comp is in no way affiliated by Facebook or Instagram.
- This comp is sponsored by Cape Gate.