What does the month of February mean to you? Do you even celebrate the month of love with all its bells and whistles in the form of chocolate, flowers and romantic candle-lit dinners? Or is the 14th of February a non-event to you, an ordinary day where you refuse to give into the commercialism, preferring to stick it to good ol’ Saint Valentine?
I must admit, I’ve always been a bit on the fence with this one. In many ways I can’t handle the thought of millions of men rushing to buy their ladies overpriced roses and chocolates and half killing themselves to get their orders in with their online florist or performing mini triathlons to get to the shops before everything sells out. I hate that it’s the only day that so many women receive flowers because it’s a prescribed thing, but probably never see another rose for the rest of the year. After a particularly sad looking bouquet of roses was presented to me a few years ago ( bought on the side of the road after every Woolies in a 50 kilometre radius had sold out of any V-day merchandise whatsoever) and me finding out what my hubs had paid for said bouquet, I begged him to never give in to the commercialism ever gain.
But the romantic in me still wants to celebrate in some way! I still want to make the person in my life feel special and connect with him on a day where millions of couples around the world are celebrating their relationships too. I do love that in a world of so much hate and violence (especially against women), there is still this day that encourages couples to reflect and celebrate their love and commitment to each other. I don’t ever want to become cynical about that.
Perhaps it’s simply an excuse to get away from the kids for the evening and to feel like we are still each other’s priority, that we still have the hots for each other and still have the urge to tear each other’s clothes off from time to time. Maybe it’s remembering that despite really liking each other as friends and co-partents, we are also lovers, who deserve to celebrate that part of our relationship.
Which is why I’m offering one lucky couple the ultimate gift this Valentines day! I have partnered with Rise and Fall for the month of February to help one of you create the ultimate love nest for you and your partner to enjoy some sexy time! Yup, we are giving away a set of Rise and Fall Linen which consists of a duvet cover, 2 standard pillow cases and a fitted sheet to the value of R3499! Because let’s face it, after all the chocolate has been eaten, and the flowers have turned brown, your love nest will still be there to see you through countless passionate encounters in the bedroom. And I’m sure that the majority of men out there will see this as a worthwhile investment 🙂
I mean is there anything more sexy and romantic that fresh crisp linen to get you both in the mood?
Who Are Rise and Fall?
Rise and Fall are a UK based company who specialise in luxurious and high quality bed linen. They are now available in South Africa through one of my favourite brands Klooftique who have obtained exclusive distributorship rights. Rise and Fall offer ethically grown, super soft, sustainably harvested, luxurious cotton bedding. You can browse the range here.
The UK based founders of this incredible brand Jed & Will believe in “Doing the right thing, from thread to bed.”
“We’ve gone to great lengths to bring our sheets to the world in the best way possible, and make sure that we give something back, too.”
What makes them so special ?
- Their partner’s factory runs entirely on wind power.
- They only use dyes and chemicals that are Oeko-Tex and GOTS certified.
- Their manufacturing partner recycles and reuses 99% of its water!
- The only plastic in their packaging is in the postage labels.
- The largely female workforce (and their families) have access to free education. (I mean how incredible is that??)
- A portion of the profits from total sales will be going to the Lucky Lucy Foundation and ORT SA.
So who feels like winning some luxurious Rise and Fall bed linen? Best you get following these easy steps then:
- Follow Rise and Fall and The Mom Diaries on Facebook
- Like and share the post on Facebook.
- Tag three friends in the comments on Facebook.
- Tell us below what you love about this range. (You can go look at the range by clicking here)
This competition will be running simultaneously over on Instagram so be sure to pop over there to double your chances!
Terms and conditions:
- This completion is open to SA residents only.
- You need to follow all required steps in order to qualify for the prize
- Winner is chosen via random.org and my decision is final.
- Prize cannot be exchanged, redeemed or sold for cash.
- Competition ends on Monday 11th February 2019.
- The Mom Diaries is not responsible for any losses or damages whatsoever.
- This competition is in no way affiliated with Instagram or Facebook.
Good luck!! ♥