I’m not going to bore you all again with all the romantic and soppy details about how I feel about being married to my best friend for an entire decade. If you want the gooey stuff you can read this post. All I will say though, is that I’m feeling eternally grateful for the gift of marriage and all the wonderful memories we have made over the last 10 years!
This post is all about the incredible time we had staying at the gorgeous Franschhoek Boutique Hotel this past weekend and all the fun stuff we got up to while celebrating this rather significant milestone. I loved every second of our time in Franschhoek and it was made that extra special thanks to Franschhoek Boutique Hotel who welcomed us as their guests for two nights. This is what we had waiting for us in our room… And i will tell you that this delicious bottle of Dieu Donne Methode Cap Cassique is the reason my husband is now finally drinking bubbles!
I have always wanted to visit this boutique hotel, situated just off the gorgeous main street. I love that you can literally walk out your hotel door onto the street and experience the hubbub of this energetic yet serene little town. It’s not crazy busy to the point of noisy, but certainly gives off a certain hustle and bustle type energy you would come to find in similar wine towns like Italy and France. It’s romantic, quirky and somewhat sophisticated all at the same time. All the restaurants, wine farms, cafes and little shops available to explore, make this the perfect little weekend excursion and waking up to this view didn’t hurt either 🙂
Now I’m just going to come clean and say that I probably ate for three on this trip and besides there only being ONE baby in my tummy, I’m pretty certain I won’t be eating a three course meal any time soon. From dinner at one of our favourite spots, Dutch East to amazing breakfasts prepared by the hotel to a long lunch at Babylonstoren to room service chocolate mousse let’s just say it was over indulgence on a whole new level. And I regret nothing *evil laugh!!
Here’s why I recommend Franschhoek Boutique Hotel to anyone looking for a relaxed and intimate weekend away.
- It’s beautiful and luxurious with four gorgeously decorated rooms to choose from. We got The Blanc room!
2. Their staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. We even had them offer to make us a fire on the Friday evening before we went out for dinner. ♥
3. It’s super cosy and just as lovely in the winter months. With a fireplace in each room, heavenly linen, soft gowns and big bath, it’s the perfect place to return to after a chilly afternoon of wine-tasting!
4. It’s central and situated right off the main street. You literally walk out on to a courtyard of shops and restaurants and are able to explore all the gorgeous galleries and cafes the main street have to offer. Also right there for your convenience, is the tram line/ ticket office where you can be picked up and dropped off for amazing wine tours. No need to drink an drive, bonus!!
5. It has the best breakfast menu to choose from. Even their (humble) oats are luxuriously delicious and had us inspired to make our own on our return home! Made with almonds, farm butter, honey and cinnamon it’s no surprise they know what they are doing when it comes to a good breaki!
We are feeling super relaxed and spoilt after two nights away and I would highly recommend this affordable hotel for those looking in the area for places to stay. I know we will certainly be back – hopefully the next time eating for one an making use of the trams! Thanks Franschhoek Boutique Hotel for a very memorable stay! You have added to our memory bank of special moments and it will always be remembered as the most precious time spent together. ♥