I sat in bed last night dreaming up all the things I wished I could do today. As a mom I realized that not many of them were going to be possible. Before the day even starts i must admit defeat and embrace the madness, which I intend to do. But for fun lets look at how different life is with kids shall we?
10things I would love to do today:
- Wake up late
- Be served tea in bed
- Go for a run in the forest
- Take a long hot shower
- Have pancakes for breakfast
- Get back into bed with a book
- Have a nap
- Watch a movie/write a blog post
- Make supper with my husband over a beautiful bottle of red
- Eat it on the couch while watching a movie marathon
10 things I will be doing today:
- Wake up at the sparrows fart
- Make my own very strong coffee with kids pulling at my dressing gown
- Read a gazzilion books before 8am
- Make 3 different breakfast for my kids who appear to have worms
- Watch 2 episodes of Noddy, 3 episodes of Pepa pig and 1 episode of Paw patrol while mindlessly scrolling my facebook feed.
- Hang out at the grandparents and cause some havoc
- Take 2 hours to get out the house to attempt cave golf, lets face it, its not gonna happen.
- Get home with tired boys and begin suicide hour on my own cause daddy bear is in the States
- Pour myself a glass of vodka
- Pass out on the couch with a peanut butter sandwich
Yup that sounds about right hey? Did I miss anything else?